Thursday, May 27, 2010

Science Experiments in the Works

Results of Delta and Emma experiment #1: Will cordless phones survive a nuclear explosion? Theory: No. Details: Place a cordless phone in the microwave, microwave on high for unknown minutes, remove. Findings: smell of smoke, phone unresponsive, dead, no more working. Conclusion: a cordless phone will NOT survive a nuclear explosion. Pin It

Thursday, May 6, 2010

What are those people up to??

For those of you who have driven by today (or not) and wondered what we are up to, here is the deal:
We have an awning with a bunch of stuff under it. Beds, dressers, boxes of things, desks, toys....


Then there were 2 vans outside that had signs on them advertising Sonya's Catering: Weddings and Special Occasions.
No one is getting married. We do have a special occasion happening in our house. We got new carpet!!
Since we moved in 8 years ago, we have wanted new carpet. But the headache involved has kept us from obtaining it.
This is what you have to do:
1st, decide you want new carpet and are willing to do what it takes.
2nd, find out where you want to get carpet and go look at what they have.
3rd, do you want new, or will remnants work?
4th, pick it out.
5th, paint the rooms that will have the new carpet.
6th, take everything out of the rooms and put them somewhere else (in the way). H
7th, have the carpet installed.
8th, vacuum each room 3 times (check the bag to make sure it doesn't need to be emptied.
9th, return everything to it's spot.
10th, enjoy!

This is what we did and how it worked for us:
We painted the front room and stair way.
Took everything out of the front room and put it in the kitchen.
Vacuum the carpet 3 times.
Put everything back in the front room.
After the front room was carpeted we had tile installed in the entry (this took 4 days and was a pain since we not only couldn't use the front door, but had to keep the kids off it, we had to use a "bridge" to get over it and down the stairs to do laundry/sleep, and the front room was not very usable).



A few days later we had to take everything out of the 2 bedrooms upstairs and put them outside, in the dining room, and the front room.




The carpet was installed.
Now we are recuperating before we take the stuff back into the rooms.
We are also trying to plan this, because we have to paint the rooms still. This means we might also have to leave some of it out until that is done.



We are so happy to get these things done. It is as much work as we thought (maybe more). But it is well worth it!! Pin It

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

video

I have been so busy doing house repair/improvements. Hoping to have a tutorial for you soon of a sling (dd age 4 broke her arm).

This is a video that my daughter needed for a school project and needed it emailed to her. Too big for email, so posting it here so she can get to it at school. Just disregard.


video Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails