Thursday, February 7, 2013

School Days

We've joined together as classmates
as the new year begins...
A year full of learning
while we become friends.
We'll share and be kind
as we work and play.
And our friendship will grow
with each passing day.

We live in a wonderful community.  The schools and neighborhood are amazing.  I have said this before, I love the way the schools are configured.  We have k-5 in one school, 6 & 7, 8 & 9, 10-12.  As a teacher AND a parent, I really love this.  I really don't think 6th graders should be in a school with 8th graders.  And freshman are not ready to be with seniors.

When the proposal was put forth to bus the high schoolers (9th - 12th) 25 minutes to the south end of the county, I was not happy.  I totally understand that our current school is becoming crowded.  I totally agree that something needs to be done.  But I don't agree with sending them so far away.

Luckily another solution has come about.  They will put a middle school (7th - 9th) here in our neighborhood, which can be changed to a high school when the need arises.  I'm not sure how I feel about 6th graders being with 3rd grade on down, and also 7th with 9th.  I hope it will be okay, but it is MUCH better than the alternative! Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails