Monday, February 25, 2013

Reverence Update

I thought I would give an update on our reverence situation.

We decided that we would switch the very next week.  I kept feeling that we needed to do this immediately. 

Yesterday we tried sitting right behind the cousins, and it was an instant gab session.   They keep asking when we are going to sit by them, and I just said, "When we can all be reverent so I can listen."  I think the main problem is that I end up with 4 or more kids talking to me and I can't hear.

We moved back a few rows and happened to be sitting next to a family with teenage girls, and it was amazing how the little girls really look up to them!  They wanted to show them their earrings and their notebooks and crayons.  Then when it was time for the sacrament to be passed, the older girls we so helpful with the reverence thing.  Telling them to be quiet.  Showing how to be respectful.  It was a very good thing for them and for me.  Sir Spoil-Her-Highness had to go help out at a branch, so he wasn't there for the first half. 
I made erasable Gospel ABC coloring books for the girls ( I think that Master J wants one, though he claimed he didn't).  Then I purchased the Crayola Dry Erase Markers.  (I have used the dry erase crayons and they are SUPER MESSY!!)  And Once again I have wipes in my bag (for cleaning hands).  Strange :}

I also used the idea of helping the kids sing the songs.  I tell them to listen to a certain phrase or tell them what phrase is coming up. With the older who can read, I make sure they have a book open to the right page.

We are still having a hard time with whispering.  I have to remind over and over again to speak quietly in the person's ear so that only they can hear.  I think we need to practice that again tonight. 

Next week in our Stake Conference, so I am going to get together some fun activities to keep them entertained and see if I can listen.  I am so looking forward to this new stage and hope that we can accomplish this goal before Easter. Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails