Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

Well, conference was so awesome this time, not that it was horrible other times. But I was able to listen, and the kids listened. Even DS Jayden listened. I was amazed.

To start the day off, we had our traditional Saturday meal of crepes.

When we started this tradition we did the most simple recipe:
1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup milk, and 1 egg for each person who is eating. Add a bit of water and mix.
Heat a fry pan up on med-hi. Pour mix in pan, swirl it around until the whole bottom is covered. Turn when the bottom has started to brown. Put on a plate after the other side has started to brown.
For toppings we have a major smorgasbord. strawberries, syrup, chocolate pudding, chocolate chips, sugar, sprinkles, whipped cream, and anything else you can think of.

The recipe we use now is a bit more intense:
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
4 eggs
3 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons melted butter
Mix all the ingredients except the butter with a whisk. Add the butter slowly. Let it sit for about half an hour. Cook just like the easy crepes. (While the batter sits I start poached eggs for my Lova Tone.)

Lunch was kinda free for all.
Sunday breakfast is always muffins (except fast Sundays which is cereal for those who don't fast). Always lemon poppy seed and one other.
Lunch was free for all again.
Dinner was Navajo tacos. (One way I've found to make this easier is, first of all, the kids help, and second of all, I let the bread machine do the dough. Then a can of chili for the topping.)

We really didn't have any chores as the kids were out Friday and we got them all done then. It was rainy, so we just wanted to stay in and enjoy the sounds.
The one tradition that we weren't able to do this time is start on Halloween costumes. JoAnns is having a sale next weekend so we will get Elyse's pattern then, and also the fabric. She is off today and is starting on part of it with fabric we already had on hand. Her's is the only one I'm "making" this year. The others are just being thrown together. I love that!
Today I decided to organize my craft area so sewing will not be too trying of a task. Well, while I was straightening, I left Emma to play where Jayden and Katia were. This is where I found her fast asleep a few minutes later.

I knew she could move, but was amazed at how well and how quickly. Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails