Wednesday, October 28, 2009
I finished Katia's costume last night. She settle on Belle. I didn't have to do much alterations. The main thing was finding a dress pattern that had a collar like Belle's.
My mom had made a dress similar, and gave me the pattern. Then I found a simple sleeve which I added.
The color yellow was hard to find. I didn't want "yellow" and gold was the easier color to find. but while perusing JO-Ann's fabric store, I found the color I thought would work great.
I happened to be at a Hobby Lobby to get a zipper, when I decided to look for flowers. And what do you know, they had just the right color roses in their wedding aisle. Hurray!
I did have so much fun making it. And Katia loved it so much, that when it was time for her to go to her preschool party, she was jumping up and down and I had quite a time trying to get a photo of her. Pin It