Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Awesome Cajun Fish Recipe

I was looking for something different to make that is fast and delicious. Here is what I found and the changes I made. This recipe was so good that even Delta ate it quite well. Kinda spicy, but oh, so good!

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. vegetable oil I used canola oil
1 small green pepper, diced (about 2/3 cup) We didn't have one, so I just left it out.
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Tomato soup
1/3 cup water
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper I added 1/2 tsp. of cajun spice
1 lb. fresh or thawed frozen fish fillet One of the kids doesn't like fish, so we also used breaded chicken breast
Hot cooked rice, cooked without added salt

Directions:

Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green pepper and oregano and cook until the green pepper is tender-crisp, stirring often. I just heated the oil and started adding ingredients.

Stir the soup, water, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, and cajun spice into the skillet. Heat to a boil. Place the fish into the soup mixture. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with the rice.

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails