Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

In the Kirkham household, holiday traditions center around food. Of course today is no different. We always eat Reuben Sandwiches. this tradition started 4 years ago when one of Tony's co-workers said they were having Reubens for St Patty's Day. I had been trying to get Tony to make them for me because they are my favorite sandwich when we eat out. This got him feeling he should try them. We did and he loved them and we have been eating them every year as a family.
For breakfast, we eat green chocolate pancakes. For lunch we eat sandwiches with shamrocks cut out of the middle.

Spring is also seeming to be near, so today I wanted to go outside and clean out the flower beds. I am so glad I did. I found that the tulips, daffodils, and crocuses are starting to come up. I love spring. It is my favorite season. I love the other times of year as well, but spring is my favorite. I'm not sure if it is because my birthday is in spring, or what, but I do love this time of things growing and coming alive again after a winters sleep. Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails