Friday, April 17, 2009

April showers bring croopy coughs

I'm not sure if this is right, but it seems to be this way. I was so cautious for the first year of the girls' life, and now that the weather is improving, they get sick.

Emma and I returned yesterday from the hospital. She was admitted tuesday with what they thought was RSV. It turned out to be parainfluenza 3. She is doing much better today. She even slept well last night. At the hospital she would start coughing and wake herself up. Last night she didn't cough much at all. She did come home on oxygen and she has to have breathing treatments, but the doctor thinks she will be better in about a week. We call him today and take her in on Monday.
Delta does have a cough and slight fever, but she is doing quite well.
Katia, Tony and I started coughing yesterday, but I'm hoping we get over it now that we can sleep again.
Tony took off work and stayed home with everyone. He is so awesome. He got less sleep than Emma and I because Delta was missing her sister and Mom. He then had to wake the older girls up to get to seminary and school. Plus make breakfast, get Ari off to school, and take care of the other three left at home. He did this cheerfully and lovingly. He even helped the kids get their homework done and tried to keep up on the housework. I appreciate all he does for me and our family. I definitely lucked out with him. Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had to check out your blog after you commented on mine:) Thanks, btw. I can't imagine all the work such a large family must be! I have my three babies and I am just perfect... Lol. Your family seems to be just perfect too:) I hope that sickness at your house goes away quickly! And good luck with the little one's hair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails