Been busy making costumes.
Got 4 done.
1 and a 1/2 to go.
Once of these is Cinderella.
Little Miss E loves Cinderella.
So of course she finally settled on that for her costume.
I decided I wanted a head band instead of ribbon for the hair.
She still takes her pretties out
and I didn't want to fix a ribbon several times when she did.
I looked online and found this:
I didn't want the crown thing on top.
Just the satin.
So I took the left over fabric from her gown.
Some card stock and a sheet of foam.
A blue head band.
Some glittery stuff from another head band.
A glue gun, and some ouchy fingers.
(Sewing it all together wasn't working too well.)
I used the head band as a guide.
I cut out some card stock and foam to cover in fabric.
Stapled the two together.
Cut two pieces of fabric, one for top and one for bottom.
Sewed the bottom piece to the card stock/foam.
Grabbed the glue gun and used it to glue the top piece of fabric on,
Rounding the edges and going an inch at a time.
Glued all onto the blue head band, an inch at a time.
Then I took the glittery stuff from a broken head band,
Centered it, and glued it to the top of the head band.
And here is what we have:
Turned out pretty, if I do say so myself.