Sunday, October 31, 2010

New Tradition

This year we added a new tradition.
Candy making.
We saw on a blog candy mustaches.
Sweet Senior and I went crazy.
We purchases some molds at Michaels and Hobby Lobby.
Plus online at...I can't recall.
I'll post a link when I find it.
This is something we did growing up.
So we started with Halloween candy.
So fun!



"Not all moms let their kids eat rats."
One of the molds had rats with a pretzel handle.



Sweet Senior also made candied apples.
I called my grandma and got the recipe.
She said that any glass candy or stained window candy recipe would work.
I'll post her recipe in a while.




We did have fun.
The candy molds is something the little ones can help with.
Not the apples.
I got burned pretty bad.
The candy that ran off the apple cooled in a puddle at the bottom.
That was my favorite part.
I'm not a candied apple fan.
But I love cinnamon jolly ranchers, which is what it tasted like.
Pin It

1 comment:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Ah, that's awesome! Love both the chocolates and candy apples!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails