Monday, September 9, 2013

Hope

As I have been studying about hope, I have learned quite a bit.  I have tried to make it "stick".  Just this past week, I found myself feeling stuck and not of worth.  Yes, yes, I know,  this is Satan speaking.  But when you are in the moment, it seems real.  It can seem true.  I truly believe that if I didn't know that I was a daughter of God, I would have just quit everything.
Okay, so let me share a few things I am dealing with.
First, I am training for a marathon.  It's my first full marathon.  I am a runner.  A distance runner.  Not that crazy sprinting stuff.  I love trail running (like hiking, only faster).  But...I am old(er).  40 if you must know.  And things don't work like they used to.  My knees especially.  (What's up with that?!?)  So with just a few weeks to go, my knee goes out.  OUT!  I can't bend it at all.  Why?  So I quit running.  But only for a week.   I then get back on the wagon.  after going to a Doc to see what I need to do.  And it seems I just need to stretch more often while running.  And rub some goop on my knee (which does not smell.  Weird!).  So, yeah, this was just a week,  but I tell you, I was having a hard time with it.  It made me feel like a failure.  Like I didn't take care of myself.  Like I didn't really pray and ask about whether I should run this thing.  Or maybe I just didn't listen or understand. 

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails