Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pioneer Day

Pioneer day is always a great day. I love that I can spend time with the family, while honoring our ancestors.  This year I finally made the girls their dresses.  THE DAY BEFORE!  Yes, I'm a crazy person.  Jayden was a bit upset about being away from the internet all day, but he ended up having fun.
Each year (starting 4 years ago) we are in the parade.  Grandma Anna and Bompa were always in the parade, so we decided to keep the tradition going.
Last year I made the aprons and bonnets. The dresses I was trying to make, the bodice was so intense. So I decided to make it into a peasant top.  That seemed to do the trick.
I let them wear the dresses to church on Sunday, as well.

John Hardin is an ancestor of Tony's.

Jayden

Delta



The fire dept always has their hose on.  A great way to cool off after walking in the parade.

Emma
Delta

 After the parade, there is always a carnival at the park.




Delta dancing with Daddy




Delta was in the sketch club this year.  I only signed up one of the kids when I heard how full the classes were.  This made Emma quite sad,  but I told her she would get to do it next year.


Delta and her art work



Relaxing a bit before heading to the play
We went to see the "Widow's Lazy Daughter" put on by Steve and Mary Sharp, along with members of the community. Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails