Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Animal Homes

Today at our house it is SUPER COLD. As in, 10 degrees when the kids went to school. Plus the wind is blowing. But the sun is shining, so it all evens out. Especially since I get to stay home.

For preschool today we are talking about animal homes. On the way home from the library I saw some vole holes. So when we had about half an hour left, I asked the kids if they wanted to go out into the freezing cold wind just to see the holes. And the answer was a resounding "Yes!" So we bundled up, walked to the stop sign and then to the field. Being blown. Walked on the trail through the field. Just to see these vole holes. They LOVED it. The littlest girl (mine) was crying by the time we were almost home. But it was a great "field trip"!




Side note: I was telling the kids that these were mice homes. One kid piped in and said, "They aren't mice, they are voles." "What?" "They aren't mice, they are voles. Voles dig holes for there home." Okaaaay.... Kids are definitely coming smarter.

We also made bird nests. That was such crazy and fun. The crazy part was that the kids didn't want to get dirty. The activity was to make a nest with your hands. Was sure the kids would jump at the chance to get all chocolatey. But no, they didn't want to get dirty. They kept asking how to make the nests. Finally I told them they would get dirty, but they could wash their hands afterward.




I do love doing preschool! It is a lot of work, but is so worth all the effort. I hope the other moms feel the same way. Pin It

3 comments:

Pitterle Postings said...

Love it! I have made the little bird nests for Easter before and the girls had so much fun! They are also good with butterscotch!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Mmmmm...I love those bird nests!! :) preschool is the best! (so far!) ;0

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Love the pictures! I'm blog hopping and found yours! I'm a new follower. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back! Have a great week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails