Friday, February 5, 2010

Adding Color

Add color to your house. Especially when the sun doesn't shine for a while.
Sometimes when I have to sit and hold a child who is sleeping or sick or just wants mom to hold them, but not read a book (I know, strange) then I will surf online. Well, the places I frequent are craft sites. I know, I know, I don't have the time to do many crafts, but I really want to do crafts. I have been gathering the items needed to make so many things that it may take me a year to just get them started, let alone done.
I happened upon this site: the purl bee.
It looked so fun and festive. Well, I was so busy with other things, so I couldn't get to it. I decided that I could make them for Valentine's Day!! So as I would go to Hobby Lobby, I would pick up a few pieces a felt. Then one night after the kids were locked in their room (I wish, but Delta can open the door), I started cutting out hearts, all sizes from about an inch, to 4 inches; in the colors I wanted. Purple, pink, fushia, white. I just sat at my machine with white thread in it and just fed through the hearts, all facing the same direction, and in a random order. Here is what I ended up with:



It really added color to the room. Not as much as bright orange, green, and yellow, but sure helped.


You can also see that for FHE one week we copied this idea and made colorful hearts. Unfortunately only one has survived the wrath of little girls. (they are currently in destruction mode) Pin It

1 comment:

Ice Cream said...

Ok, if you remove the actual completion of a project, this post is me on a daily basis. I even have some metal stars waiting in a corner to be painted a lively red. I seriously need some more color in my home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails