Friday, February 26, 2010

Adventures Out and About

Today was a great day. The sun was shining and it was ALMOST warm out. This past week I had been wanting to go see the elk at the reserve.
So today, since the kids get out early on Fridays, I decided to go. Elyse and Tony had to bug out, but the rest of us went. Although the boys kept asking me, "Why do we have to go?" I told them, "It's because I'm the mean mom."
As soon as we got there, we were able to get our tickets, and get to the trailer pulled by HUGE horses. As soon as Katia saw them, she was ready to go home. I told her we would sit at the back far from the horses, and that helped. They all loved it. The fresh air was great! We were able to get so close to them. There were over 350. So many. I'm glad we were able to go. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if Tony and Elyse had come.







Pin It

1 comment:

Handsfullmom said...

That's funny she was scared of the horses! My problem would have been the opposite; how to keep my little girls from getting trampled in their frenzy to get close to the horses. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails