Monday, March 1, 2010

FHE on Gratitude

I copied this lesson from Cocoa.
http://chocolateonmycranium.blogspot.com/2008/11/attitude-of-gratitude-fhe.html
Here is how we modified it to fit in with our sick day:
With the GAK picture 221, we told the story of the Ten Lepers.
Then we read some scriptures to find out what things we are suppose to be thankful for.
Jacob 4:3
Ether 6:8-9
Mosiah 24:20-22
We also watched this video called Good to be Alive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3HnUfqCBfc
The activity for the week that we are going to do is we are going to make a tree and put leaves on with something we are grateful for written on it. At the end of the week we'll review what we are thankful for.
I also shared with them my gratitude journal. I write 10 things each day that I am grateful for. It started out simple, and difficult, but it is now easy for me to think of 10 things each day I'm grateful for.
I am also going to pay attention and thank the kids for things they do. Hoping that it will set the example I am hoping will be copied. We'll see.... Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails