Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Hanging Towel (a tutorial)

When I do dishes or dinner, I need a towel. But one is not always found where it belongs. So I use towels that hook onto the stove (or whatever). Well, the one my grandma made was kinda getting...um...old. So I decided to make a new one.
I started with a trip to WalMart. I found a towel set that came with hot pads. ($5 for 4 towels, 3 hot pads, and a washcloth)
I started by finding the middle of the hot pad with the loop on top and the picture on the inside.



I placed the middle of the towel on the middle line of the hot pad, gathering and pinning as you go.



Stitched it together.



Then I sewed a matching button (found in my stash) on the bottom of the pad.
Use the loop to hook the button.



Hang where ever you wish.



Now I have 2 new hanging towels and a hot pad, washcloth, and 2 flour sack towels that cost me $5 and 20 minutes. Probably the fastest thing I've made in the past year, other than hair bows. Pin It

5 comments:

See Mom Smile said...

Thanks yo so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Looooove the hanging and towel. My five yr old drying his hands off and carrying the towel off and throwing it ANYWHERE! So stitch me up a few and send them my way!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Haha, your comment on my blog made me laugh. You can pick up some tubes like that at Home Depot! I had painted them for my daughter's princess party when she turned five.

Cool Tutorial! I didn't know how had tutorials on here! Now I'll have to go hunt them down and check them out! Thanks!

Ice Cream said...

Oh I so love this easy and brilliant idea. And I love that in a pinch you can un hook it and use the hot pad part for taking things out of the oven.

Misty @Creative Itch said...

I'm always looking around for my dish towels!! I'll have to make some of these so my kids can't take them off the oven handle!!

Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial!

I got one of these towels for Christmas a few years back and love it, unfortunately, its a Christmas themed one, so I wanted to make more, PLUS I use them in the bathroom for everyday since my kids do what Linda's kids do and the hand towels end up all over the house!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails