Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easy Easter neighbor/visiting teaching gift


This is something that my mom did for us every Easter. We would fill it with jelly beans, m&ms, or whatever.
Go to the feed store and purchase some chick feeders. Get a quart size mason (canning) jar. Fill with the candy of your choice (usually about 2 bags). Screw the feeder to the top. Add a bow (or not). Then turn it upside down so the candy falls into the feeder. (It looks almost empty at the point.) Then enjoy.
(One nice thing is that the candy can only be eaten one piece at a time. A great thing for me.) Pin It

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

You have been so good at updating things lately!! I should be inspired and do the same!! We love our fun Easter candy dispenser, I have never seen it done before it is AWESOME!!

Handsfullmom said...

That is a cute idea!

Valerie said...

That is so cute!! I was just planning what I was going to give my visiting teaching sisters for Easter and now I've changed it to this. I've got to go to CAL Ranch now and see if I can find one of those feeders. Thanks for sharing!

Peterson Party said...

I Love this idea! Thanks for posting it.

Susan said...

Gotta' tell ya' when I bought a chick feeder one summer...I bought two, because I saw the whole corn in a big burlap bag, open in the corner of the feed store & visions of candy-corn danced in my head. I couldn't wait for Halloween! My children are grown with their own little ones. Where's the candy at Grandma's house? Best candy dish ever and the top part is always replaceable. You're sisters will treasure this sweet gift. BTW I still use our coop nesting boxes...the coop nests come in a lot of sizes. The cubbyholes (nests) are for all things needed for scrambling out-the-door. Cheap, cheap! I love pony shoes for hooks. Chickens coops have great furnishings. Yes, I do love chicken-wire.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lezteer said...

A very nice idea! Kids will have fun doing this and at the same time learning. Love your idea. Might as well use this on the next easter. Thanks!
Vigrx Plus VigRX Plus

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I am going to make one for my mother for mothers day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails