Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Morning and Bedtime Routines Down!!

I've been trying to find a way to help Jayden and Katia with the daily routines when I'm in the middle of something that can't be paused. Like while feeding Emma and Delta Tae. I've seen some of you use this technique that was found in the Ensign. It is called "They Can See What to Do". http://lds.org/Static%20Files/PDF/Magazines/Ensign/English/2008/EN_2008_06_21___02206_000_025.pdf

I didn't want something with many pieces (which I had been using for a year), but I did want something that would go through all the steps. Then I remembered something I did with the older kids to help them get ready for school. I had a game sort of path that they would move a marker through all the steps to getting ready. Here is the bedtime path.



I let Jayden help with choosing picts to use. Then I laminated them and found an orange star button to glue on the magnet which he can use to mark his place. Now he just has to look at the chart to see what to do next.
For those of you who need to change the chores, go to
www.theideadoor.com
and click on chores to see some great ideas. Pin It

1 comment:

Becky said...

This is such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails