Monday, November 17, 2008

Muffin Tin Monday

Okay, things have been a bit hectic since the end of October. So I did a little searching yesterday to find some great things the kids and I could do together besides the usual ones of puzzles, reading, movies, coloring, or cleaning.
I first came across a website talking about MTM and decided that this would solve one of my other problems: Mac N Cheese for lunch everyday. K is addicted to the stuff. She wants it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The theme for this week is: Dippin'. So here is what we came up with: carrots, crackers, peppers, broccoli, apples (though they didn't like the idea of the yogurt dip), cheese, and chicken nuggets.

K ate pretty well, but J didn't want to eat until his fun was threatened. Then he gobbled it up.
Next week theme is: Food My Kids Like

For our activities, we made toilet paper roll turkeys
1. color a piece of paper with fall colors

2. fold it like a fan
3. fold it in half

4. cut out and color a face, wings, legs, whatever
5. glue on to toilet paper roll
6. place fan into top of roll
We baked some cookies (this weeks theme is going to be Little Red Hen with baking), also did a puzzle, and set the tent up for rest time.
Today didn't go perfectly. I still didn't get dressed until 10am, only one load of laundry is being washed, and K still wants to be held a lot, but it made me feel like I was doing a better job of handling things. I let you know how the rest of the week goes. Pin It

1 comment:

Becky said...

You are such an amazing mom. This looks so cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails