Saturday, January 16, 2010

Follow up

I decided that to solve the problem I would use advice from everyone.
First of all, I got some cute little baskets for the girls to put their things in.
Then I went through and took out anything that I haven't seen them play with in a while. I also donated the things they have outgrown that I thought they still played with.
All the Barbie things that are always on the floor (some of the furniture and little accessories) I put up high. They don't seem to play with them, just get them out of the way. I had already put up the shoes and tiny things, but now only what they play with is out.
Now there is 2/3 the stuff to pick up.
Then I decided that when they get up on the top bunk and start throwing the coats off the hooks, then they have to get down and I take the ladder off. This was such a simple thing, but since I can't staple the coats in place, I should do what I learned in child development and put it out of reach. Duh.
Don't ask me why they don't take the coats off the hook they can reach. Guess it's only fun if it takes a long time to hit the floor.
I haven't had them clean up yet, so we'll see if the games work. The song that they all know and love is the Barney clean up song:
Clean up clean up everybody everywhere. Clean up clean up everybody do your share.
Clean up clean up everybody everywhere. Clean up clean up everybody do your share.
Clean up clean up everybody everywhere. Clean up clean up everybody do your share
.
We will see if that helps.

Delta and Emma had also been getting into the DVDs and throwing them on the floor. Taking them out of their cases. Taking the papers out. Even throwing them away. I found this out by finding a case in the trash one day when I was putting something in. When I asked if they threw a certain movie away. They nodded and said, "Uh-huh." So this weekend, DH put doors on the shelves and made another shelf with doors to keep them out. I'm just using rubber bands on the knobs to keep them out, but hopefully this will do the trick. Thanks Tony! Pin It

1 comment:

Handsfullmom said...

Looks like you already figured out some great ways to get on top of the mess! Good luck to you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails