Friday, December 16, 2011

Gingerbread Houses




In preschool this week we did our party.Link
Each year we make Gingerbread houses.
The kids love it, and so do I.
It is so fun to see what they think of all the sweets.
And their hands get so messy.

The days beforehand, I go get empty milk cartons from the elementary school.
I bring them home and wash them.
Each of us brings some candy or something to put on the houses.
I make royal icing.
This year I made cream cheese frosting for decorating.

VANILLA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
1/2 c. butter
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar, sifted
Blend all room temp ingredients together until smooth.


Mainly because it can be eaten.
All kids like to lick their fingers when yummy stuff is on them.
I colored it green and red.
Then made plain white frosting.



Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails