Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Minky Applique

I have always wanted to applique Minky onto t-shirts or something. So when the mystery quilt I 'm working on had this as one of the blocks, I was super excited.
Now, I usually use the iron on heat and bond. Since the minky will melt with an iron, this just wouldn't work.
So what to do??
Well, Here is what you do: First of all, cut out the shape.


Then smear Elmer's glue stick (the purple disappearing kind) on the back of the minky.


Then position the piece onto the block (or t-shirt) where you want it.


Now take it to the sewing machine and stitch around the outside using a blanket or zig-zag stitch.


Since these are chicks, I used zig-zag.


Now trim your threads.
And you are done!!
Super excited! Can't wait to try this on a t-shirt!


Pin It

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Using a bit of glue stick to keep the applique in place is brilliant ... I have to try that!

Emmy said...

My zig zag stitches never look that pretty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails