Friday, February 22, 2013

Fabric Iron on

I love to sew quite a bit, as most of you have guessed. 
I love to applique, but with my shaky hands, it has been difficult to transfer the pattern onto the wonder-under.
So this week, while working on the St. Patrick's Day Mystery Quilt, I tried something new.


I cut out the wonder-under the size of a sheet of paper (8.5 by 11 inches).  Then place it into the paper tray of the printer.  (Make sure if it is letters that the letters are backwards)


Iron the sheet onto the back side of the fabric.  I had to cut down the size of the sheet so it would fit better on the fabric.


Next cut out the shapes.  Iron them onto the block/shirt/whatever the applique is designed for.


 Now it is ready to zig-zag or blanket stitch around.  

Have fun with your next applique project!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails