Thursday, October 29, 2009

Celebrating 19 Months

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Celebrating 19 Months
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook



Delta and Emma are 19 months old. They have been so much fun, so this time has FLOWN! I am so grateful to be able to stay home with them.
Some of you know I had to work up until I had Jayden. It was the most hard when I had to leave Julia to return to work when she was only 1 month old. Luckily I have had family babysit for me. Which does ease the tears, but not by much. I would usually cry on my way to work., wishing I could just stay with them and not have to leave them. Here is my soap box:
There are things we are having to live without. Cable TV for one. Major vacations for another. But it is so worth it. I am very blessed to have a husband who WANTS me to be at home. It is harder to be at home. Okay, not harder, just more work. When you are home all day with the kids, the house is more messy. There are more snacks, more activities to attend (because you don't have to get off work so you can go to them all). Plus there are the expectations you have for yourself. You should have all chores done by noon. Laundry is always done. Beds always made. Floors always mopped. And you can everything form your amazing garden. Volunteer in everyone's class and are the PTA president, room mom, and always read for 20 minutes a day to each child. You also donate your time to other worthy causes. (Then the words of President Harold B. Lee come to my mind " The most important work is within the walls of your home.") My grandma always reminds me that the Proclamation on the Family doesn't say that your home has to spotless. She is right. I think if we pray about it and follow those promptings, we will be doing what He would have us do.

Okay, now for the fun of being a mom. I love watching as the kids grown and learn. I love playing with them. Reading to them, and making block towers. Listening to them sing a song or say a rhyme that I have been singing or saying. I love when they want to help. I love when they just want to sit on my lap for a minute. It is the best. And having 3 home this year has been a great time. We get to do lots of girly things. Dress up, barbies, babies, crafts, watching princess movies. Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails