Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First Investment of the Year

So I have made the first big purchase of the year.

I had the old Bissell Steam Vac from 10 years ago, and I loved it. But after being used repeatedly, it finally died. Well, it would still suck up stuff, but not spray out the water and cleaner. So, since I still have small children, I HAD to have a new one. I had been using a spray bottle and spraying the surface that needed cleaning and then sucking it up with the machine. But it was not working very well. And let me tell you that after spraying a trigger spray a few hundred times your hand really hurts!

I got on Consumer Reports and checked out what machine they suggested. They suggested the Hoover All Terrain SteamVac.

So I ordered mine from amazon and got a great deal. Then it arrived less than a week later. So I put it together that very night. Read the manual. Then the next day I used it on my love seat. Oh My!! That thing was DIRTY!! And when I compare it to the other couch now, it is SUPER CLEAN!! So excited! Yeah, I know, crazy to be so excited about a steam cleaner. But I am!! The funny thing is that it took me more than 90 minutes and I didn't notice! I wonder how long it will take me to do the couch? I guess I also did the center of the floor. Anyway, I am so excited to be able to clean these surfaces. Especially for those of you who know the ages and stages of the children in our house. I really REALLY!! need it!! Pin It

3 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Good to know!

Pitterle Postings said...

Whoo Hoo!! Nothing like getting things clean to make you feel better!!

CK said...

Wow! Awesome! I LOVE how it feels to have a clean couch/floor. Just feels SOOOO good!
Great buy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails