Saturday, March 22, 2014

Unplugging Myself

Okay,  so tonight I was thinking about how to have a better relationship with my family.  The last two months have been crazy busy,  and next month is going to be just as bad.
I had this thought (which I have had several times before) that I need to be unplugged when the kids get home from school.
I have tried this,  and since my afternoons are not the empty easy-going time I imagined,  it has not happened much at all.
What being"unplugged" means to me is: being done with house work (or at least not doing it), putting down the book,  pausing the sewing/crafts I am doing,  and not working on the computer.  This is just for the hour after they are home. 
Many times I have just one more load of laundry to fold,  or one more picture to crop,  or one more step on my crafts to finish.  But then I miss the moment. 
Soon my goal for April (which I will start this week so I can tweak it) is to be unplugged when the kids get home.

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails