Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fast Sunday

Okay, so I may have mentioned this before, but here is how we do fast Sunday at our house:
I decided 5 years ago, when Elyse was 12, that I wouldn't make anything for breakfast on fast Sunday. (Other Sundays I make muffins or cinnamon rolls.) The kids could have cereal or toast. This helped me, as well, feel like I was sort of participating in a fast when I was pregnant or nursing. My little way of doing without. I also decided that we couldn't eat goodies until we closed our fast.
This month will see a bit more whining since it is the day after Halloween. Last night I decided to gather up all the candy so that it wouldn't be out and seen. This might help the little ones. Well, and me. I find that sometimes I will eat something and then realize that I'm still fasting. I had Tony put it away, so that way I won't be tempted to give in when the weeping and wailing starts. We'll see how it goes. Pin It

1 comment:

Dianna said...

That's a great idea! I also forgo treats while I'm pregnant/nursing. It's good to be able to do something.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails