Friday, November 13, 2009

Thoughts of Thankfulness: A Loving Husband

As Thanksgiving approaches, I am feeling more gratitude for the blessing I've been given.
This week I have been especially thankful for a loving husband. One who will take time from work to help. Tuesday was a bit hard as Delta and Emma had been sick. He got all the kids off to school. he usually gets Elyse and Ari up, fed, and out the door. They have to leave by 6:55am. He lets me sleep in until 7:30. He stayed until I was able to get a shower, which was about 8:45.
Then on Thursday, he stayed home with the girls to make sure they didn't get their cousin sick. This morning was another hectic one, as the girls were up most of the night, and he stayed to help me get ready to take them to the doctor. (The twins have ear infections, but Katia is doing okay. Just a fever.)
I am grateful that he likes to cook. He is an amazing chef, who loves to cook. He makes my favorite dishes: Shrimp Scampi and Bacon Wrapped Chicken. He also makes cookies, brownies, and what ever else sounds yummy. He also experiments with dishes. Last night he made a chicken and dirty rice dish that was so yummy. I am grateful that he will come home and help get dinner on the table if I haven't been able to get it done. He will also let me rest or read while he makes Sunday dinner.
I'm thankful that he loves being a parent. He will pray for help in solving problems. He reads to Jayden and Ari every night. He plays with the girls. Even Barbies. He will watch movies with them. He will have light saber fights with the boys. He helps everyone with homework. Takes them with him to the store, bank, or just for ice cream. He worries about and cares for all of them. Wants them to have fun, and learn to work. Do well in school and other tasks, and find joy in life.
I am thankful that he is a worthy priesthood holder. I didn't have that blessing growing up, and appreciate it so much now. I am happy that I can ask for a blessing for the kids when they are sick, or myself when I need comfort. He cares about the members of our ward family, as well as our own family. He reads the scriptures better than me and is a good example to us. He leads our family and does family home evening, and calls us together for scriptures and prayer.
I am grateful that he is chivalrous. He opens doors, pulls out chairs. Pours my drink, and pampers me more than I deserve. He brings me flowers, and (what I love even more) chocolate. He doesn't stand for the boys to hit the girls. He shows respect for me and our daughters, and expects the same from all of us. He takes out the trash and has the boys do this as well. He will do those nasty jobs; like unclog the toilet, change light bulbs, change the oil, kill bugs, and clean up dog poop. He helps with the other tasks. Dishes, vacuuming, laundry, and bathrooms.
So, basically, I am spoiled. I know this. I am so thankful to have him, and hope I can "Keep Up" with him. Pin It

1 comment:

Uberly Ewe said...

What a wonderful post. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails